|Owner:||Vereniging De Zaansche Molen|
|Location:||Zaanse Schans, Kalverringdijk 27, 1509 BT Zaandam|
|Phonenumber:||+31 75-6215148 (office De Zaansche Molen)|
The mill came to De Zaanse Schans in 1963 on the spot where De Grootvorst once stood and has since been owned by De Zaansche Molen. In 1991 a stylish wood shed was built next to the mill. The Gekroonde Poelenburg is now a rare type of mill: a paltrok, once there were more than 200, now there are 2 left in the Zaanstreek. The second mill is De Held Jozua in Zaandam. (Paltrok saw mills have an open structure and are turned into the wind with the aid of a great ring of wooden rollers on a brick-and mortal wall.)
In 2004, a thorough restoration of the mill was started, with the exterior being rebuilt with planks and painted in the original green color. Then the stepped weighing (the partly overlapping wall of planks) of the mill body was restored.
More history: Click here